Thursday, October 2, 2014

Gray

Gray
Pete Wentz

When I started reading this book, part of me expected it to be horrible. I'm not sure why, but it's not like any of the celebrity memoirs that I've read have been "good reading material" exactly. I'm still not sure what this is, I'd say it's a memoir, but it's focused mainly on a relationship that he has with this girl from when he was in his early 20's. I thought it was pretty pathetic honestly. I just wanted him to get to the good stuff. The Ashlee Simpson stuff, the FOB stuff, the partying and the tours and the Patrick stuff. But there wasn't any of that. Maybe a dash here and there. I wasn't even entirely sure if this was his life, but I'm assuming it is. 
Like I said, the whole book revolves around how he feels about this girl, never refering to her with a name, only as "Her", capital H. Then you get to the end and you're laying in a ball of your own tears crying like you did when you read the part in Harry Potter when (spoiler alert) Snape died. It's pretty tragic and then you realize why the book was all about this girl. 
I don't know why I initially expected the book to be bad, he does write the FOB lyrics and I do love those. If I could stay focused this month, I'd have read the book in less than two days, but alas, maybe it's my mind, maybe it's the book. It took me over a week to finish. I'm glad I read it though. I sort of makes you feel about 20 different feelings. A lot of times it was eexcitementwhen he would talk about FOB and their success. That usually made me cry a bit. But I'm also a crazed fan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment