Tuesday, May 6, 2014

I don't Care About Your Band

I Don't Care About Your Band: Lessons learned from romantic disappointments
Julie Klausner


It's safe to say that I'm not a fan of this book, while it still is in my preferred genre (memoirs from people who are not famous at all but still think they can write books), this book was not a catch. It took me a while to get into this book and I wasn't sure if I was going to finish it, honestly. But I trudged on and I sort of found some of it endearing. I think it's mostly because I couldn't relate to any of her stories since she always ends up having sex. It's not Blue Ball, let's just say that. And to add to it, the authors picture she has in the back makes her look like Kathy Griffin (whose memoir was awesome, by the way). 
Klausner spent a lot of time making me feel like she thought she was better than everyone. There's nothing I hate more than girls who shop at thrift stores, as she did in her younger years, and think that they're above everyone else. Like you're not the greatest thing to ever walk the planet cause you work at some indie record store, yet you hate indie music. 
There was one story, about Ben, I think, that I related to. If you read the book, you'll understand completely. I've never really had resolution to my issue with my Ben about why I still carry on with Ben. But this made sense to me for some reason. I'll feel bad if it's not the chapter about Ben. 
Anyway, the thing that I did like about this book is she made it seem like you can screw around in your twenties. I told myself when I turn 25 I wasn't going to make any more stupid decisions, which is impossible. But anyway, I made some while I was 25. Maybe when I'm 26 I won't, but we all know I will, just like every other single female. Anyway, it seems that it's okay for me to keep doing what I'm doing and when I turn 30, I'll magically know that I don't need to be with everyone that asks...or doesn't ask, just does. 
(which, side note, I think I'm getting back to that, maybe I'm almost 30)

No comments:

Post a Comment