Tuesday, September 3, 2013

White Girl Problems

White Girl Problems
Babe Walker
288 Pages
Total Pages: 4,317
Book # 15


This wasn't what I thought it was going to be. It was, however, my favorite genre of literature: memoirs of rich white people. I didn't like Babe though. She had too much sex and did too many drugs for my liking. She's in rehab essentially and she's telling the reader stories about how she got in rehab. For a shopping addiction. She's allowed to have one because her father is a bajillionaire. 
There was one White Girl Problem that I could identify with:
Except that time I worked at the movie theater in Lexington Park. We all know that was my favorite job. This chapter...again, I had high expectations. Babe's father is a lawyer and he got her a job at his firm being an assistant. She was delusional and thought that she was actually a lawyer. It didn't read well. Maybe it would make a better movie. I just couldn't stand Babe.  

No comments:

Post a Comment