Sunday, February 17, 2013

Savages

 
Savages
Don Winslow
pages 302
Total pages 1,834
Book #6

I'm  not sure if I liked this book or not. I liked the way that Winslow had a very easy flow to his writing that made reading painless despite the fact that people are getting beheaded. Not left and right, unfortunately. I liked the characters a lot. You don't get too involved in their lives but they're not these foreign people whose motives make zero sense.  I wasn't sure what I was expecting. More violence, probably. 
Not being privy to the Mexican drug cartel, the book seemed realistic to me. I mean, I doubt that two almost regular guys (one was a SEAL) could outsmart and take down the biggest and most powerful drug cartel in Mexico. Okay, they didn't "take them down" but they sort of crippled an aspect of their reign. 
I got the movie right after I finished the book and eh.
Movies are never as good as the book. I don't understand why they changed the plot so much. I thought it was fine the way it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment