Sunday, January 13, 2013

Wicked

Wicked
Gregory MaGuire
406 pages
Total = 679

I had moments I loved this book and then I had moments when I loved this book so much that I wanted it to never end. My sister got this book for me when I was still in college and I got through the first 100 pages and never picked it up again. I think I thought it was boring but I so badly wanted to love it since I love The Wizard of Oz so much. But, alas, I stopped reading. Then when I was at home over New Years, I started reading it again and couldn't stop. Maybe it made more sense, maybe I'm just in a better place in my life right now. Who knows. But I liked the way that MaGuire wrote it. You don't get too close to any of the characters since it's not written in 1st person. I liked the history. I love anyone that can be creative. I do really love Oz, and maybe this will inspire me to read the rest of the Oz books by Baum. But who knows. I thought that there were too many useless characters. Parts of it I didn't understand because I'm stupid. But overall I really enjoyed it. I thought it was going to take me a lot longer to read, but I read about 50-100 pages a day because depending on my mood, I was really into it. I'm still trying to read 50 books this year and two down and 13 days in. 
I'm hoping to finish the series, but I might not. I'm reading the second book in this series and it's about Elphaba's son. Her son is stupid so I'm not really in to the book yet. I'm hoping it gets better.
Anyway, I liked this book. You should read it if you like fantasy.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there, the January edition of Books You Loved is open for entries. Here is the link Books You Loved January Edition Please do pop by and link in a post about a book/s you loved. Maybe this post? Cheers and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete