Wednesday, November 21, 2012

The Stepford Wives

 
The Stepford Wives
Ira Levin

This was a short book. I thought the main character was obnoxious. I like to consider myself the Phyllis Schlafly of my generation, and I'm the modern-day anti-feminism champion.
 I love the idea of perfect housewives.

 
I have to admit, I liked the plot. After you got over the part where Joanna was continually disgusted over the idea of a men's only club. I was actually sort of disappointed *spoiler* that she ends up being changed at the end. Maybe there's a sequel, I'm not sure. But I think that if your protagonist fights so hard against something, they should at least have the option to triumph over her brain washed husband. But you win some, you lose some. I guess Joanna lost this round. 
It was a short book, so I liked that. It was an easy read and it kept me entertained. I didn't have a long hiatus during the reading of it, so it could've been worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment