Thursday, November 15, 2012

Dearly Devoted Dexter

 
Dearly Devoted Dexter
Jeff Lindsay

This is the second book in the Dexter series. As I continue to read, I am more cognizant of the fact that this is not the series that I grew to love oh so much that I'm reading, but a completely different entity. Which is disappointing seeing as how my devotion to the Showtime Dexter series is borderline stalkerish. The more I read, however, I'm starting to like Book Dexter more and more. I won't sit here and explain why I like the TV show better, because you've realized that by now. 

Okay, Dearly Devoted Dexter is, er, nothing  like the second season. Maybe it's not supposed to be. Pardon me for digressing. Back on track...I'm slowly beginning to not be annoyed by Dexter's "humor" and I'm starting to find it charming. Sort of. Slowly. I thought the plot was boring and I wanted something interesting to happen. The latter two thirds of the book were about Dexter trying to find this guy that kidnapped all of these military guys who were involved in some sort of blood shed in El Salvador a few years back. Sargent Doakes is one of them. Doakes is on to Dexter and he trails him in the book, finding nothing, of course. Dexter accidentally proposes to Rita and he realizes that Cody, Rita's son, also has The Dark Passenger inside of him and Dexter vows to mold Cody into a mini-Dexter. Have fun with that. 
I read it. It went quickly. I like the way Lindsay writes. Mostly love the short chapters. It moved and I can't say that I hated it. I'm 100% that I'm going to read Dexter #3.

No comments:

Post a Comment