Friday, June 3, 2011

Wishin' and Hopin'


Wishin' and Hopin'- A Christmas Story
Wally Lamb

I was in no way disappointed by this book, but I wasn't floored by it, either. It was a good book, not boring, quick read, entertaining plot. It wasn't like either of his other two books that I read, but I'm not sure if it was meant to be. It was very light, happy and simple. Unlike his other works.
It was basically about a 5th grade boy who... I don't even know. This boy's cousin is famous, his mom goes on a TV cooking show, it takes place in the early 1960's, he goes to a Catholic School, a Russian girl joins his class, there is a Christmas play. And that pretty much sums it up. There might have been some more meaning in it somewhere, but I didn't really see it. It was lighthearted and cute. I enjoyed it, obviously because I don't think anything that Wally Lamb writes could disappoint me.

No comments:

Post a Comment