Monday, March 28, 2011

Water for Elephants

Water for Elephants
Sara Gruen


Yet again, a movie has spoiled a book for me. Yes, I realize that the movie isn't out yet, but I saw the trailer and Robert Pattinson is going to be Jacob so all is lost. All is lost. I started reading the book sometime back in 2009 and I got halfway through it then for some reason or another I stopped reading it and now that the movie is coming out, I had to finish it. I honestly loved it before I stopped reading it. I thought it was creative and exciting, I loved Jacob and I loved Marlena. Then I realized that Edward Cullen would be playing this awesome character and Reese Witherspoon would be playing Marlena (which I don't mind too much it's just weird to me for some reason, I want her to be June Cash or Elle Woods forever).

Then the whole romance thing started. It was cheesy and stupid and I felt like an idiot for reading that last part of the book. Everything was messed up from the second I saw the trailer, but this just was the cherry on top of the pie. If I had the book with me right now, I would give you the quote that Jacob said that brought everything down 100%. Let's not be a cheesy romantic, sir. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment