Thursday, February 17, 2011

The Glass Menagerie

The Glass Menagerie
Tennessee Williams

This is my next adventure into reading plays and Tennessee Williams. I'm not sure if I liked this one as much as Streetcar, but I can't say that I minded it. There wasn't really much of a plot other than a mother, Amanda, who wanted her daughter, Laura to have gentlemen call on her, so she asks her son, Tom, to have a friend come over. So Tom brings a friend over, who used to be this boy that Laura liked in High School, they talk and blah blah blah. *Spoiler* nothing happens. He's engaged, this Jim is. Sucks for Laura, poor girl. Laura is crazy. She's basically an Old Maid and is obsessed with her collection of glass animals. She has a collection of glass animals. But who am I to judge? I sleep with a stuffed penguin.
I think that the fact that nothing happened is my favorite part of the book. There isn't a whole bunch of plot for me to get lost into.
I'm basically indifferent to this book, as I'm sure you can tell. I don't have anything to say good about it or bad about it. It's a good play, and I'm sure it has all of these hidden meanings that I don't like finding.

No comments:

Post a Comment