Monday, December 6, 2010

STori Telling


sTori Telling
Tori Spelling



Do I need to give you an explanation as to why I chose to read this book? Yes, I think I do. A few weeks ago, I read Mommywood, also by Tori Spelling and I closed the book with negative feelings about this woman. I never intended to think poorly of her because I think that she means well, but I don't know how I made it through over 200 pages of this woman trying to convince me that she wasn't a spoiled Hollywood starlet. After a while you lose interest in her "poor Tori" plight. I could care less that your father was Aaron Spelling and he gave you everything you wanted. I think I would like Tori Spelling so much better if she just owned up to the fact that her father was a multimillionaire. That's cool that you get whatever you want. People like that. We know that you're rich, and sure we're jealous that you just wave a credit card or give your dad puppy dog eyes and you get a new outfit. That's what's expected, it's what's normal for you, Tori. Live it up. By the end of the book she was poor.
Among the bajillion things that bother me about Tori Spelling is the fact that she is the biggest hypocrite in the world. I'm all for hypocrites, seeing as I am one, but I am also not cheating on my husband. I didn't convince some man I loved him, but I was too selfish to give him up, married him, lived with him/avoided him for a year only to do a movie with some random Canadian actor and have an affair with said actor, think I was his soul mate in 12 days and then tell my devoted Catholic husband that I want a divorce. I completely lose all respect for any one who cheats on their spouse/significant other, but when your mother is doing it and you have the NERVE to judge her for what she's doing, I have a problem.
You know what, maybe this woman had a hard life. She had relationship issues with her mother, we all do. She's had crazy boyfriends who beat her up and stole all of her hard earned 90210 money. But you're not in love with someone after 12 days. And she might have been, who am I to judge? But I don't think that you should leave your husband for a 12 day relationship. I guess I'm just a cynic, I don't know.
Overall, I don't like her. I try desperately to like her because I feel bad that she is basically just tabloid fodder when it's a slow news day. But after reading her books, you honestly have a hard time overlooking her annoying habits.

No comments:

Post a Comment